|Business & Economics
|English (inc Library)
|Enterprise & Employability
|Health & Social Care
|Science (inc Psychology)
Who can become an Ambassador?
Ambassadors are the Academy's role models. If you are a student with an excellent record of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and dress code then you are a suitable candidate. However, please do not be put off from applying, if you are someone who has had problems previously in school but have worked through these.
You should be working with and talking to younger students, and be able to build good working relationships with staff. You should want to make a lasting impact at the Academy and be involved in decision making.
Why should I apply to become an Ambassador or Senior Student?
Ambassadors and Senior Students play a crucial role in supporting and developing the work of the Academy. You will develop teamwork and leadership skills and enhance your CV and university application.
The Senior Students meet fortnightly with the Deputy Head of Sixth Form and also attend regular meetings with the Head of Studio 6. They line manage the Ambassadors and devise their duties throughout the year so duties may change in response to what is needed to support the school.
It is expected that Ambassadors will undertake duties including the following:
- Attending Ambassador meetings organised by the Senior Students
- Supporting an assigned subject or Academy area as chosen by the Ambassador on their application
- Participating in a pastoral role in shorter projects, such as supporting Year 7 transition
- Leading and working on Academy fundraising and charity events
- Improving the Academy environment through occasional duties
- Being an ambassador for the Academy by supporting all open evenings
- Helping to organise the Year 13 celebration events
- Liaising with the Academy librarian
- In due course you may also line manage a Year 12 Deputy Ambassador in your area
Being an Ambassador is a prestigious role and students are expected to carry it out well for the duration of the position. Students can be replaced as Ambassadors if they are not committed to their role.
Ambassador and Senior Student Application Process
All students wishing to be an Ambassador will be required to submit an application form outlining why they are applying for the position. All applicants will then be interviewed as part of the shortlisting process.
Students wishing to apply for Senior Student Leadership Team positions - Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy, Deputy Head Girl, will need to prepare a 1 minute presentation to the student body along with a letter of application outlining their qualities for the role and their ideas for what they would aim to achieve as a Senior Student.
Senior Student Leadership Team
Head Boy – Ayaan Rahman
Head Girl – Nadia Omar
Deputy Head Boy – Tony Felton
Deputy Head Girl – Caitlin Roy