Our Business Engagement Strategy
Our Business Engagement Strategy involves working in partnership with local employers to bring excitement and relevance to the curriculum by providing solutions to ‘real’ problems. For example, E C Harris facilitate a literacy project for Year 7 which involves students designing and pitching ideas for commercial properties , and Nampak set students a data management study to solve a logistical problem, showing students reinforcing the relevance of Maths in everyday life.
How you can be part of this exciting challenge?
If you would like to know more about our Business Engagement Strategy and our unique Employability Charter please click the link to the right. There are many ways that businesses can help to enrich our curriculum and support in making our young people work ready.
If you feel that either you or your company could contribute to our employability mission, either by giving a one-off informal careers talk through to setting a competition, or by being involved in a mentoring project, please download the Register of Employer Interest form.
How do companies benefit from being involved with Milton Keynes Academy?
And it is not just a one-way relationship, over the past five years employers have found their partnership with the Academy very useful:
- Providing first class employees of the future
- Giving opportunities for staff development e.g. practising presentation skills
- Developing transferable skills in their less experienced staff e.g. mentoring
- Understanding developments in education e.g. keeping up to date with changes in qualifications
- Using the Enterprise Hub as a meeting and socialising venue
- Providing an inspirational and engaging focus for corporate social responsibility activities