Milton Keynes Academy places great importance upon giving students current and accurate careers education, information and guidance. The aim of our careers programme is to develop the skills, attitudes and abilities of our students to enable them to make effective decisions about their future education, training and employment. We see this as an essential role of all teachers whether in their role as tutors or subject teachers. Additionally we have a Careers Team for targeted support.
All our students have access to a planned programme of Careers Education which provides opportunities to develop and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to make realistic career decisions.
The Careers provision includes:
- Open access to individual careers advice and guidance from Academy Careers staff
- A minimum of one careers intervention for every student in every year of their time at the Academy
- An employability curriculum
- A Careers section of the Learning Resource Centre with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment
- Access to careers websites such as Fasttomato, U-xplore and Unifrog
- Opportunities to experience the world of work
- Support for the processes of job search, CVs, applications and preparing for interview
- Advice on the best combination of subjects for different careers
- Comprehensive quality controlled support for university applications, including careers support on examination Results Day
One of the features that distinguishes Milton Keynes Academy from other schools is the quality of the partnership shared with industry. Employers also make major contributions to the design, delivery and assessment of the curriculum.
This means that both staff and students are kept abreast of economic trends both locally and nationally. Students are aware of the ever-increasing opportunities open to them. The fast pace of change means that students have to embrace change and be prepared to be flexible. Working with our business and education partners allows us to keep our fingers on the pulse.
Mrs Monika O’Neill
Careers and Enterprise Manager
Tel: 01908 341791
Self-assessment & Careers Information:
Signup Code: MKAM
Careers Information on all Employment Sectors:
Registration Code: mkaca
Help Finding University's or Apprenticeship's:
All Year 11, 12 and 13 have access. Ask staff for your unique username and password.